Lord,

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chasing a Rainbow...Dancing in Dreams

Yesterday morning I awoke to a babies cry, a splitting headache, and a heart heavier than a slab of cement. I blinked once. Twice. And knew it was going to be an awful day. Before I set out on the un- avoidable, terrible journey ahead, I sent up a quick, desperate plea to the lord to give me enough patience to survive the horror I was about to face

I was not disappointed, it was awful...just as I expected. With no explainable reason. My soul felt like a crushed bug...desperate to run and fly, but unable. My creative rainbows trying to burst through my fingertips shattered before they met the sky. My excited brain to embark on a journey felt like it had been frozen overnight and then smashed with a heavy mallet.

I was in need of something to inspire me...and I was in need of it fast. After being tugged along by the invisible rope of hope through the day...the rope that was slowly unraveling and slipping through my fingers...I was ready to crash and await a new day that would rise with the sunrise. But it was not time yet...and so, for peace of mind, I grabbed my camera desperately and rushed out side in hopes of something to save my sanity.

The second I stepped outside...raindrops splashed on my face and the thunderclouds rolled in.
“Great....”
But then I noticed a colorful splash of color on the horizon. It looked like an artist had poured hues of orange and red together in a colorful spread, it was stunning. I ran like a mad woman to the edge of the driveway to snap pictures quickly before the photo disappeared from my grasp. With one hand covering the lens from disastrous raindrops and the other busy with the camera, I had a moment of peace. Satisfied...I turned around to rush back into the house....and then I stopped in my tracks. A huge, double rainbow gleamed majestically above my house....stretching across the sunset lit sky like an imaginary dream come to life. I, of course, had to chase it down and catch it. So I ran...in the opposite direction. I ran as fast as I could, and before I knew it I had cleared 1/3 mile and run across three fields. I was now drenched, my hair was wind swept all over my face, my flipflops were practically mud cubes...but it was worth it.

I stood...the wind whipping across my face, slashing my clothing with its soft fingertips and curling it’s tentacles through every follicle of hair and every cell of bare skin. The rain softly sprinkled down...lining the trees and foliage with a light, velvety covering. The rainbow stretched across the horizon....the sunset gleamed like a bright miracle ready to fly as far as it can go.

God had given me the most inspiring, awe catching experience....and it made my entire day worth it.
Now as you all have noticed, my pictures on my blog have suddenly disappeared. That is because, I just discovered yesterday, I accidentally deleted them all. I can’t get them back. SO...stick with me for a few more days as I fish through the  never ending hole called ‘I-photo’ for my logo... *shudder*

Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking. – Ezekiel 1:28

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Mel. It shouts "God" in every teensy little moment. That's YOUR rainbow! From God straight to you! Ever owned your own rainbow before? Didn't think so. ;)

    ReplyDelete