Lord,

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rainbows...

We all have different favorites...different movies, books, tastes, colors. We are all unique. We all have special goals and pet peeves and things that inspire us. I myself have never been able to 'choose' favorites. Color? No problem...I love green. Season? Easy...winter. But ask me something with substance? My mind goes blank. I have been asked "what is your favorite book? What is your favorite movie? What is your favorite animal?" And every time my mouth has stumbled for words. I have never been able to make up my mind...but a few weeks ago, someone asked "what is something that means something to you?" I needed to think. I never gave that person an answer...but a few days later, I figured it out. Rainbows. 

One of my favorite things are rainbows. But not the perfect, fully formed ones that gleam. Not the ones that are fully complete. Not the ones that photographers desperately crave so they can catch that 'perfect shot.'
I like the ones that form when it is still raining. The ones that are fluent, blown in by the whispering breath of a wind. Their dazzling veil of a vision wavering like a memory. So vague...vacant...pulling at your mind and trickling into your sub conscious. Beautiful. The ones that you didn't expect, the ones that look like you could blow them away with a blink. They glitter and look so liquid, fragile, suspended in the air with tiny droplets of imagination. The rainbows made just for you.

Every time I see a rainbow, my breath can't help but catch in my throat. It shocks me, seeing something so simple...just a mixture of colors...but yet it is magnificent. It is like a painting, the colors spread out across the sky. To me it is a message from our Maker..."I am here..." It is the promise that he will never break.

"And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. - Genesis 9:12-13"

It is divine...we can trust God without hesitation. Things in this world will pass, people will disappoint, your heart will get broken multiple times...but God will never leave you.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

It is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment