Lord,

Monday, June 6, 2011

Life defined in two days...

My life has officially been defined ! I do believe I will start a tradition of starting my summers how I did this year....for they came up with the definition of my life and hometown. The word?

Dorkefiscent

Yes I am a 'tiny' bit of a dork...but that is not why I think this defines my life. It just sounds plain goofy and 'country'. This is what I did in the past two days...

Went to the 'Spud' Drive-in (yes it is named after a potato) and waited in a 'car' line for a half hour. I then got a hamburger (one of the famous 'spud' burgers) chocolate milkshake, and put on my pout face when their famous face sized (small exaggeration) bugget of sticky, fork-worthy caramel corn had JUST sold out. I then missed half of the movie waiting in lines, and froze in the back of a car with 5 blankets and my best friend

Next morning-------




I went to the famous LAWN MOWER RACES! Vroom! Filled with dirt, broken lawnmower belts, and lawn mower's racing around a dirt track at 30 MPH (yes that is actually how fast they go). It was a blast.


Afterwards....I looked at broken down pickup trucks that I might get for my 'first car'. Yes...they are covered in rust, dents, and lumps of who knows what...but hey! I live in the country ;)

Followed by....softball!

Sigh. My life. Spud Drive-in, lawn mower races (they have numbers on their lawnmowers and everything) pickup trucks, and softball. My life...so eventful and, well, frankly, amazing...not to mention blessed! I am now suffering from having to much fun with sore EVERYTHING and my arms are actually the color of cooked lobster (Aloe vera, pickle Juice, and ice cold baths....I think I may be in love with you.) but this was just the first TWO days of summer vacation! Next comes tubing, climbing huge trees, and being dorky ol' me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Bah! I miss my dorkefiscent home! Keep living up the hick-life, little sis. Never stop! Rust, burns, lawn mowers, and potatoes make a much more interesting story than...well....anywhere else. :P

    ReplyDelete