Lord,

Monday, October 3, 2011

Books Books and more Books

Now it is only natural that because this is a writing blog, I must mention books.
I love them. The crisp pages, the colorful bindings shining like a rainbow on the shelves...books are beautiful.

And then I realized how many I have....

330 books are crowded onto two tiny bookshelves. Lined up like mini soldiers in perfect formation...just waiting for my cool fingertips to grasp their thick and expecting covers and start the adventure awaiting within. Yes yes...many people have more books, but still...I'm not even an adult...and I ALREADY have 330 books? Imagine how many I will have when I am 80. *shudder*

Weekly assignment - (Yes weekly assignments have been...well, slightly invisible lately. But here it goes!)
I think it would be fun for YOU to count YOUR books. It is fun...and always adventurous too see how many novels you have gathered throughout the years. :)

Small note!

I almost wonder if that is how it is with the Lord. There are so many people in the world (like the books on my shelves.) I mean billions of people, and yet he loves every single one of us. We are all precious to him...even though most of us have stories that we are not proud of at all....and yet, he STILL loves us.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post. Love love love it! I'm going to count my books someday. Can't yet because half of them are back in WY. Boo...I miss them.
    You're right on with the Lord and His bookshelf. :D I like thinking we're books... :D and He loves us...

    ReplyDelete