Lord,

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Look no further!

This morning held a small miracle in my life. I had just taken a shower, and my hair was in a nice wet mess. Now I am the kind of girl who, instead of curling and fixing my hair when I am annoyed with it, just sticks it up in a ponytail and leaves it for however long I wish. I happily skipped into the bathroom, opened the cupboard...and stared at the horror beneath me.

No hairties.

This is disaster in my life. Thick, frizzy, dripping wet hair and no hairties? Kill me now.

I went to the next step, look under the cupboard and the bathroom mat. I did. Nothing. I then desperately ran into my room, clinging onto the small string of hope that there would be a hairtie somewhere in my room, just waiting for me to grasp down and be happy once more. My string of hope snapped instantly.

15 minutes and a messy room later...I was still looking. Alas...no hairties. At this point I didn't even care about using the hairtie, I just had to win the challenge and find one. It is amazing how such small things in our lives become so important isn't it?

After a few more minutes of searching, my mind began to play scenarios in my head:
"Drive to town and buy some."
"Gas is way to pricey!"
"Well fine, improvise. Make one!"
"Yeah right...I have a better chance at not killing a plant."
"Fine...then don't use a hairtie."

The inward mind battle went on and on for a few moments. I finally, in a desperate moment, sat down on my bed and sent up a silent plea to the Lord. Yes that's right...I prayed to find a hairtie....and the Lord decided to help out. I sighed and looked down, and right next to my hand was a hairtie. It is incredible how, in just little things every day, the Lord shows his love for us.

I of course, am going to twist this some way or other to make it relate to writing. Don't I always? *sigh*.

Sometimes you just cannot find a way to write your story, no matter how hard you look. You run through every single place in your brain that you can find an idea, all of the boxes of information and inspirational thoughts....but nothing comes.

Sometimes you just have to lean on the Lord...after all, who are you writing the story for. Him, or the world?

The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. Psalms 28:8

1 comment:

  1. This. Is. AWESOME! :D Yup, God cares about hairties. Okay, actually it's just that God cares about YOU. ;) He is AWESOME! And now I want to write...with my hair up in a ponytail. ;)

    ReplyDelete