Lord,

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hidden books waiting to pounce....

Little did I realize, that when I counted all of my books, I forgot to include the books inside of books. Yup, that's right. They are hidden, the dark pages camouflaging their every move, their slinky thoughts coiled up just waiting to pounce at the right moment. The books like these are few in number, but very deadly. They look so innocent on the outside, but on the inside it is a pit of death just waiting swallow you whole...

Ok, enough Alfred Hitchcock writing...let me explain. I counted 330 books lined on my shelves, and I allowed myself 365 days to read them. Difficult? Yes. Durable? Of course. Until I realized something. A few of my books have several volumes IN them. That's right. I have one volume (I counted it as one book) that has seven Jane Austen books inside. And it only counts as one of my 330 books!

This challenge is seeming to become more difficult every day. On the bright side however, the side effects of must-read-books syndrome is beginning to hit! So far my symptoms include:

Random thoughts of the book I am reading.
Itchy fingers for the bindings.
I have to read before I go to bed or else I can't sleep.

Yay! Finally! Took long enough for it to come.

I feel as if I need to inspire some writerish thoughts out there! I have been slowly trying to incorporate 'weekly assignments' back into my posts...but alas, my life is hectic! (Hey...you try helping a dog give birth to puppies, driving an hour (each way) for a dentist appointment, babysitting your nephew, AND having an interview for a job (I got the job!) all within 7 hours after only getting 5 hours of sleep. Yeah I thought so...)

So I have decided to do something new! YOU readers, whoever you are, are going to assign the weekly assignments! Either email me or reply to this post, and then depending on how many replies I get, those will be the assignments for the next few weeks (Hopefully...just long enough for me to get my life back in order!)

Until we meet again! I look forward to seeing your fabulous ideas! Ciao!

Books To Go : 328.5
Days To Go : 354

1 comment:

  1. I think that we should incorporate some of our writer music with our writing. Just for fun, I think that we should play one of our songs that we like to write to and, while it's playing, we have to write CONTINUALLY. Aka. No stopping! You HAVE to keep typing/writing until the song ends. It can be a random story or just coming from nowhere! But see what comes out in about 3 minutes or so of awesome music! Or even write TO the music. Ups with ups. Downs with downs.

    Just my thought... ;)

    ReplyDelete