Lord,

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Snow!

I was just waking up...my eyes groggy from both lack of sleep and concentration from the night before. I had been up late studying...and as I woke my eyebrows once again ruffled in concentration as I attempted to figure something out. I could sense something, What? I wasn't sure. I stretched slowly...my fingertips reaching for the ceiling, my imagination swirling. My mind imagined my arms stretching and stretching until they landed on the stars beyond. But still...I was awake...and something wasn't right.

You know those mornings when you wake up...and you can just tell that something has changed? Maybe your wheelbarrow has tipped out of it's rut for the morning...and you have to rush to put it back. The wheels in my mind started to turn...slowly and creakily, as they always do in the morning. I sniffed a little, and then rubbed my arms. The lighting was different...and it was cold. Too cold. My room, the furnace of the house, has always been unnaturally warm. No matter what I try to do, I always feel as if I am baking alive in my own living quarters.

But today was different. Thing's are NEVER different.

I rubbed my eyes wearily, noticing that yet another mystery had come to haunt me and force my numb mind to think. I gazed at my limp curtains...and then I knew what was different. The light WAS different...it was white, the sun rays brighter than usual. A feel in the air seemed to spill through the windows like a faucet accidentally left on. Snow.

The word took a few minutes to register in my mind. I sat staring...wondering if I was hallucinating, or if my eyes were just fogged up themselves and that the snow outside was just my mind freezing over. But I knew it wasn't true. There was something else in the air. Horror.

Now now...you may be wondering WHY horror would be in the air when such a magnificent thing has come to pass....but the explanation is simple. The rest of the valley doesn't want snow. They us excuses like 'not yet!' or 'it's only November!'...but alas...their dreams had been shattered, and the broken pieces had been glued back together and shoved into my 'dream slot'...filling all of my dreams completely.

I could sense the wailing 'NO!'s and the 'WHY!'s....they were leaking from town to me, but nothing could dampen my spirit. It was SNOW!

Now I would love to say that I rushed outside in my fuzzy boots and scarf, snapped pictures of everything that came into sight, and did snow angels until there wasn't an inch left in the yard...but alas, I can not. Sadly I had responsible things to do. (sigh...I can't believe responsibility would DARE intrude on such a beautiful snow day...)

But nevertheless! SNOW IS HERE!

Here is one of my FAVORITE bible verses...yes I have already posted it on this blog, but I just thought I would share it again.


Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion! He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes. He casts forth His ice as fragments, Who can stand before His cold? He sends forth His word and melts them. He causes His wind to blow and the waters to flow.

Psalm 147:12-18

Thank you Lord for creating this beautiful thing...it is just another way you share your majesty! :)


Update:
The Challenge:
Books To Go : 327.5
Days To Go : 351

1 comment:

  1. Snow is an absolute wonder!! Beautiful and almost mystical. Like glitter from heaven. God is so good and I loved this post. Yes, one tends to want to shun snow as long as possible, but whence it comes, you can't help but admire its presence. What a beautiful scripture passage. It puts everything into perspective. Thank you Melanie for sharing this wonder!

    ReplyDelete