Lord,

Monday, October 25, 2010

Snow...


I woke up this morning, with a more than unwilling heart. I stretched, groaned, rubbed my pathetically tired eyes despite the fact I had gotten more than a full nights sleep, and then I blearily looked out my window. In an instant I was up, camera in hand, one boot on, and outside. Snow sparkled in every crevice, the perfect surface still unmarked from our over-hyper dog Blaze. I don't even know why snow makes me so happy. The beauty? The sparkles? The fact that Christmas is on the way? Even now I am staring out of my window with a longing in my eyes. I want to go and roll around...but unless i want to be soaked all day, I probably shouldn't. Sigh.....I love snow....

Even my computer seems to be freezing from joy.....all well....such is life. Nothing could ruin my mood right now....nothing.....

Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion! He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes. He casts forth His ice as fragments, Who can stand before His cold? He sends forth His word and melts them. He causes His wind to blow and the waters to flow.

Psalm 147:12-18

2 comments:

  1. Snow!! I love your blog missy! We need to write like every other day on ours and post lots of comments :) Love the music choice too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know why you love snow so much and why it makes you so happy:

    You wouldn't be a Shea daughter if it didn't. :) And that's that.
    You're following in Beth's and my snowprints..... (and making your own, of course).

    And that verse is absolutely astounding. Why have I never read it before?

    ReplyDelete